This Systems Administrator role is to help client manage infrastructure. Monitoring systems for hardware, storage platform 3PAR and Qumulo on Apollo hardware and Virtualisation platform SimpliVity/vSphere., support is included on the entire solution so deep knowledge of the hardware.
Knowledge and experience of hardware platforms is a key benefit – Virtualisation platforms – emphasis vSphere/ESXi (SimpliVity Hyper-converged experience is a positive), Storage with emphasis on 3PAR and also Qumulo if possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer internal and customer facing servers, network devices.
- Proactively manage and monitor server, storage and network (HP DL360 & DL380 Simplivity, 3PAR & Apollo Qumulo Configurations)
- Administer and support core OneView & VMware technologies
- Update Implemented contingency plans
- Manage the monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- Ensure project documented best practices and support procedures are adhered to and kept in line with customers procedures
- Assist with hardware and software cross training of customer team members on existing and new technologies.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Aruba Network experience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016) & VMware V-Center
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- An understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration experience
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
Excellence in IT Resourcing