No visa sponsorship provided.
We are currently looking for a BI Developer. You will be responsible for developing and supporting Data Warehouse structures, being particularly strong on the use of toolsets within the Microsoft BI stack.
You will develop and support ETL solutions as well as mapping data flows across the organization and design & implement the logical and physical data models needed to establish and maintain data warehouses and/or reporting environments. You will also engage with stakeholders to understand and clarify business requirements as well as mentor junior members of the team from time to time.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to engage effectively, discuss and understand the Business Case requirements with the client.
- From these discussions having the ability to document the technical design specifications of the solution that meets these requirements
- Ability to develop and implement technical design specifications
- Ability to Unit test the solution proving that it is functional and accurate
- Liaise with Clients in guiding them through the UAT process
- Strong SQL script skills for the ability to interrogate data
- Good grasp and understanding of working with data (gaining insights from data, carrying out reconciliations, etc.)
- Excellent Excel skills – the ability to carry out lookups, and reconciliations with the aim of understanding data and deriving an expected row count which is consistent with the Solution output
- Excellent SSIS ETL development skills – implementing design specs
- C# Skills within Visual Studio – specifically working with API commands in retrieving and sending data
- Develop and design Data Warehouse solutions.
- Development of robust ETL solutions ensuring the inbound/outbound data flows from/to multiple data sources/targets is clean and consistent.
- Report and Dashboard Design/Development
- Maintain required business and technical documentation as part of a repository
- Showing initiative and leadership with clients and stakeholders
- Based on the skillsets above, the proposal of new ideas that may enhance any potential solutions
- Setting out timelines and expectations for all parties involved
- Ability to reach out to other parties when striving to find a solution to any problem.
- BSC in Computer Science or equivalent with specialization in Data and BI
- Strong communication skills
- 4+ Years experience with Microsoft SQL Server Script and ETL tools (SSIS, SSAS)
- Excellent knowledge of relational and dimensional Data Modelling and DB design skills
- Highly experienced in working with and interrogating data in the areas of SQL Server Script and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to carry out Unit Testing on solutions developed to confirm data accuracy
- Ability to integrate API data sources/targets into ETL data flows (HTTP methods for RESTful services, JSON)
- Experience with VB, C++, or .Net Web Applications
- Data coding, report building, and visualization on Analytical, Paginated, and Dashboard reports
- Experience with Power BI and IBM products (Planning Analytics/TM1, Cognos Analytics) would be an advantage
- Must have the ability to document business and technical solutions, processes, and procedures in a clear, concise, and logical manner
- Self-Driven – Ability to improvise, learn new technologies as required, and multi-task
Excellence in IT Resourcing