Successful candidate will work as part of the European Network Infrastructure team. Support infrastructure incidents, problems and projects of diverse scope. They will be recommending solutions based on the analysis and interpretation of Network equipment, tools & diagnostics. They will also be involved in the implementation of new technologies into the production environment. As part of this team, they will be providing second- and third-line technical support to staff in Ireland.
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- A third level qualification and/or certification in a technical area.
- 10 years’ experience in a senior technical role in a multi-national company.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment. Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment (Stack wise, 3750 & Nexus)
- Content switching/F5 experience would be of benefit.
- Certification such as Cisco CCNP/CCIE or Checkpoint CCSE.
- The ability to logically troubleshoot problems to a satisfactory resolution
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Plans and leads implementation of Network systems into Production
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Provides technical guidance regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Writes and maintains operating, maintenance and standards manuals for Network infrastructure.
- Manage short – Medium term projects to successful completion.
- Guides other analysts in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment.
- Prioritise own work and provides some assistance to other analysts.
- Manage all changes to defined Change Management Process.
- Travel will be required from time to time.
- Out of hours and weekend work will be required on a regular basis.
If this role interests you and you feel you have the requisite skills and experience, then please do send your up to date C.V and contact details through to email@example.com or apply here..
Excellence in IT Resourcing