The IT Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing a broad range of IT projects; software / digital / data /technical/infrastructure projects from initiation to service delivery (including business readiness). Possess a strong technical knowledge base with exposure to strategic technologies. Ability to juggle the standard project constraints within complex evolving environments. Ensuring the Senior Stakeholders buy-in through the various stages of delivery.
- Create roadmap of projects/phases for infrastructure and technology platforms to address specific challenges or risks to take account of production stability, information security, software upgrades and patching and regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for technical delivery lead for all IT related projects and ensure all projects are managed and delivered in compliance with the organisation’s project lifecycle and controls framework
- Use professional project management disciplines, processes and tools to mobilise technical projects and ensure appropriate balance between cost, quality, scope and timescales is achieved in line with business expectation
- Leads or participates in the design of software and hardware infrastructure solutions that address business/technical needs and opportunities
- In conjunction with enterprise architects identify and recommend industry best practices in IT for solving business problems and provide business case input including cost benefit analysis and estimates for proposed solutions
- Maintains knowledge of IT Infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards including prototype solutions to verify capabilities for new systems maintenance and upgrades
- Manage communications to ensure that issues and risks are controlled effectively and understood by stakeholders.
- Define all resource requirements (services, people, hardware and software)
- Management and reporting of project budgets.
- Adherence to technical (quality) governance standards in the delivery of projects.
- Effective leadership of project teams both on and offshore.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of five years project management in implementing enterprise infrastructure and technology solutions, developing and supporting business applications and infrastructures
- Have a strong understanding of IT technical infrastructure, software development (digital) technologies and be experienced in the management of IT projects and budgets.
- Experience of managing technical projects from a budget management and technical delivery perspective in particular
- Experienced in Financial or Insurance industries.
- Possess a broad technical knowledge base with a focus on strategic technologies
- Management of a third-party technical supplier(s) for project delivery.
- Possessing a good knowledge and understanding of IT technologies.
- Highly committed to following formal project management disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with both technical and business stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Analytical and aptitude for attention to detail
- Experience in leading projects in Agile methodologies an advantage.
- Experience in platform technologies such as Content Management Systems and specifically Adobe Experience Manager is an advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Projects delivered in accordance with agreed targets i.e. scope, timeline, costs and benefits
- Project risks and issues being actively managed i.e. resolved or escalated
- Number and scale/impact of new innovations proposed and implemented (pilot or full)
- Reputation and progress in developing team and individuals’ competencies including own successor
- Proposals for the optimisation and adaption of new technology to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Project delivery plans defined and signed off by IT Divisional Management and PMO