6 month contract
Dublin city centre/ Remote
Our high profile client is seeking an experienced System Analyst to work on system enhancements. Ideally, the Systems Analyst will have experience working with Corporate Functions systems
- Working as part of the Delivery team to understand customer needs and translate requirements into Functional and Non-Functional specifications.
- Delivery of technology solutions appropriate to those customer needs and maximise straight-through-processing, reduce business risk, and improve efficiency.
- Performing the Analysis and Testing aspects of the development lifecycle as well as interacting with other members of the team on the design and delivery of these solutions.
- Ensuring solutions are delivered in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Take on a project management role to manage delivery of a project or sizable initiative.
- Co-ordinate the resources to ensure timely delivery of business/change requests.
- Providing second level support for the applications and systems supported by the function.
- Work with Architects (Solutions & Infrastructure), Analysts, and Project Managers to plan/deliver strategies and solutions
- Contributing to the planning activities involved in estimating project delivery, including impact analysis, scoping of new projects and estimating project development tasks
Must have strong technical and systems analysis capabilities.
- Experience (5 to 10 years) working in the Financial Sector, particularly within a broad Shared Services or Corporate Functions organisation.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in engaging with the business directly and translating to an IT solution as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of waterfall and agile Software Development Life Cycles (e.g. SCRUM).
- Experience of Testing – Planning and Execution.
- Experience in Software Change Management and Test Management tools.
- Skills in querying databases.