6 months daily rate contract.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review and assist in development of requirements and technical specifications for system enhancements.
- Design complex programs and modifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Carry out structured reviews, including reviews of technical solutions and software code.
- Develop and code solutions including documentation of all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability both within their area of expertise and also outside of their technical comfort zone.
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver planned project activities to agreed timelines
- Communicate the system architecture to stakeholders and influence solution buy-in
- Arrange, prepare and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations
Required Skill and Competencies :
- Senior Java Developer: Minimum of 6 years development experience covering the full development lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies and development tools including Java 8, JEE, Spring framework.
- Any knowledge in the following areas would be of benefit: HTML5, CSS, RESTFul, webservices,
- Experience in working in agile teams
- Problem solving with proven track record of achievements and innovation
- Proven experience of working effectively with technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to understand key aspects of business problems and work with other stakeholders to address business requirements with effective technical solutions
- Target oriented with experience of delivering to strict milestones and/or service levels
- Excellent people and relationship skills with ability to negotiate and influence