Initially a 6 months daily rate contract.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in working with software development teams, specifically developing Java web services and Spring components, with a track record of high quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software engineering.
- Implement best of breed, scalable solutions according to defined patterns and practices
- Responsible for porting existing applications to a microservices based architecture
- Hands on development activities
- Hands on support and upskilling of existing resources, providing patterns for common problems and developing prototypes
- Work as part of a Scrum team using Agile practices and adhering to the values and principles
- Contribute to/form the strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks
- Experience in leading development of complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers. Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service-oriented architectures (SOA) and relational databases.
- 7+ years Java programming experience
- Highly proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE
- Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking)
- Web services (SOAP and REST)
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins or similar
- Experience in Containerisation – Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Networking & Communication Protocols – DNS, TCPIP, UDP, HTTP HTTPS, SSL, FTP, SCP, SOAP & REST
- Languages Java 8, MS SQL, C#, Powershell & Bash
- Knowledge of Testing Frameworks & Tooling, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, JQuery, Selenium
- Knowledge in security fundamentals: authentication/authorization frameworks (e.g., SSO, SAML, OAuth), secure transport (e.g., SSL, TLS), identity management (certificates, PKI)