My client, a leading financial services firm in Dublin is actively looking for a Technical Support Engineer for a full time permanent role.
The role is responsible for 1st and 2nd level support through various channels, incident investigation and diagnosis, request fulfilment, device build and deployment, software licensing and procurement as well as the administration of the knowledge base management system.
Reporting to the Service Centre Manager, the roles is part of the Service Centre which comprises the Service Desk and End User Technology teams who provide 1st and 2nd line IT support services across the company.
- Perform incident management on support products and services.
- Perform triage, resolve incidents and respond to queries on PC’s, laptops, terminals, printers, mobile devices, shrink wrap and in-house applications
- Drive technical content and departmental procedures to the knowledge base.
- Complete requests to install software and build and deploy hardware.
- Adhere to agreed service levels and promote quality measures.
- Procure software and hardware on behalf of the business and ensure license compliance.
- Maintain accurate records of incident and request progress and resolution.
- Take responsibility for departmental functions or initiatives as directed.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- At least 1 years’ experience in a related technical support role.
- IT, Computer Science or Business qualification.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good working knowledge of IT business technologies; networks, servers, Windows operating system, PC hardware, Microsoft 365, MS Office and major shrink wrap business applications.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Motivated to deliver a first-class customer service.
- Handles challenges and difficult situations positively.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Proven ability to self-manage and report on workload.
- Delivering Superior Customer Satisfaction
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Communication and Influencing
- Team Working and Cross Functional Collaboration
- Drive for Results
If you feel that this role is something that you would be interested in applying for then please send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided.