The Solutions Architect develops appropriate architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment and will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
This is a hands-on role. The right person will come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
We are specifically looking for an individual with a Data Architecture background to aid in providing a focus for our Data architectural practices – owning both design and refinement of the enterprise-wide data model. You will excel in all things data, to act as a trusted advisor supporting all aspects of data engineering, governance, and analytics, as well as ensuring compliance with architectural standards and alignment to the data strategy.
This role will work with a small team of specialists delivering a modern data platform, to underpin the company’s growth through digital services. The focus will be on data models & designs that ensure business outcomes can be clearly measured. This role will have the opportunity to select & design a data integration, quality & analytics platform and be involved in new technology, implementing an event-driven architecture, with modern data tools.
Assignments are of high complexity and are focused on multiple features, functions, applications, and technologies where the impacts and risks associated with these developments are high.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
• Clear understanding of the impact of digitization on the Life & Pensions sector and on IS delivery;
• Solution Architecture experience, especially data architecture;
• Ability to influence & effectively support Senior IS and Business leaders;
• Excellent collaboration skills both with your own team and with your peers across the IS organization.
Reporting to the Lead IS Architect this senior role provides direction and leadership to project teams, including mentoring others. It interacts with Business Management, Senior Management, internal companies, external partners, third-party vendors, and/or other divisions.
- Develop data architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects;
- Contribute to the strategic direction of data architecture across the I.S. Enterprise Architecture;
- Contribute to/form the strategic directions for the use of data concepts, technologies, languages, and patterns;
- Provide direction and leadership to project teams;
- Ensure solutions adhere to present and future business objectives.
- Explore and clarify architectural data requirements for all internal projects, around the collection, cleansing, storage, sharing, and use of data;
• Design the architecture of a typical toolbox of data technologies and communicate this design to a broad audience;
• Provide architectural direction on the technical aspects of data engineering and analytics;
- Research, develop & implement architectural best practices for data (data governance, data management, data quality monitoring & automated cleansing);
- Provide clear, concise data models & structures needed to develop/ configure solutions that unlock business value;
• Define the execution/ automation of data governance processes & controls;
• Responsible for the conceptual & logical data models used across the change portfolio;
• Support many and varied use-cases across MI, analysis, and data science;
• Work cross-functionally to integrate modern BI tools and approaches with legacy data warehouses;
• Adapt agile development practices to incorporate data modeling, devising and writing assertions and validation that verify complex business logic;
• Work alongside data engineers, data scientists, developers, analysts, and business users.
Essential Skills, Experience & Competencies
- 7+ years of systems/solutions architecture experience;
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex ideas and explain technology and systems;
- Extensive understanding of and experience with Data Architecture, Data Governance, Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Modelling, Data Quality Monitoring & Analytics.
- Solution Architecture and integration experience is also needed
Knowledge of regulations on data collection, use, storage (for example, infosec), and sharing (for example, GDPR) – in Ireland and internationally – and how they affect technical requirements;
- Architectural knowledge of the Azure & AWS public cloud platforms, associated NoSQL databases, integration, and reporting technologies;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data, databases, and data technologies including AI, ML, ETL, and BI;
- You know how to prototype in collaboration, to better understand a business problem, explore a complicated concept, or demonstrate the art of the possible;
- Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – the experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams;
- Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, and Working on own initiative;
- Experience in Balancing Workloads, and Staff Mentoring;
- Candidates should have worked within a recognized application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing, and Documentation;
- Candidates must have experience in producing high-quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams. The core language is English;
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure, and Security Frameworks;
- Candidates must have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations.
Some technologies used are: – MS Azure cloud environment. — Container technologies like Kubernetes/Docker – OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
– Relational Databases and data warehousing technology in particular SQL Server & Oracle & MY SQL
– Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory,
– eBusiness applications using J2EE
• Candidates must be proficient with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
• Web services (SOAP and REST);
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills – ability to explain complex IT applications in simple user-friendly language;
• Experience working with Business SMEs and Leaders;
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions;
• Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive;
• Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail;
• A solution-driven, self-starter with commitment and follow-through;
• Fluent in English – written and verbal.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality;
• Experience using JIRA and Confluence;
• Working knowledge of the German language would be an asset(not a must)
• 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Commercial Awareness
- Develop Talent
- Build Collaborative Partnerships
- Execute for Results
Excellence in IT Resourcing