DevOps Engineer – Permanent role.
Hybrid working (2x week onsite, based in Abbey Street, Dublin 1. )
Attention Engineers with a passion for automation and innovation! Are you ready to take your skills to the next level and join a team that’s shaping the future of technology operations? We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us transform the way we deliver Cloud infrastructure.
We use the latest technologies to create infrastructure automation and cloud services to collaborate with application development teams. We are transforming our business by adopting platforms and ways of working that promote faster delivery, efficiency, safety, and empowerment for our engineering teams.
One of Ireland’s largest financial institutions with a presence across a range of financial services markets serving over 1.3 million people. For over 80 years, we have helped people in Ireland embrace change and build better financial futures through innovative products and a dedication to customer care.
Our organization offers you the prospect of learning novel skills and leveraging your talents within an agile environment. You’ll be part of a professional team that has been continuously evolving and achieving success over the past four years, providing you with comprehensive support and guidance throughout your journey.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of software-defined infrastructure solutions to ensure that development teams can easily leverage Azure PaaS capabilities and be as self-sufficient as possible.
You will be responsible for creating top-class, fully automated, infrastructure solutions within our Microsoft Azure environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Effective Collaboration
- Self-Driven and motivated to learn on the job
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in software engineering, networking, or infrastructure-related roles.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and collaborative team practices.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts
Desirable(not a must)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure – IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tools like Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git and SVN.
- Familiarity with automation tools like Terraform
- Understanding of networking concepts like TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, firewalls, and Load Balancing.
While the candidate must be committed to the principles of Agile, it is equally important that they can demonstrate real-world application and examples through the following Competencies:
- Planning & Organising
- Communications & Influencing
- Team Working & Cross-functional Collaboration
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Excellence in IT Resourcing