12 months daily rate contract – Dublin City Center
We are seeking a Devops Engineer with experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform while having strong troubleshooting and communication skills.
Assist in planning and implementing solutions in Azure and with migrating private infrastructure to cloud based hosting.
Support mission critical infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security through standardization and automation.
- You will be responsible for availability, performance, troubleshooting and recoverability.
- Assist with roadmap and implementing a DevOps model, automating configuration and maintenance activities with scripts and other tooling as much as possible
- Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support deployment automation, health-check of applications and patching/update activities
- Design, build, and deliver dashboards and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure
- Assist with planning and execution of large-scale migrations of systems from private infrastructure to Azure
- Plan and execute smaller migrations of systems from private infrastructure to public cloud platforms
- Maintain secure environments running in Azure using industry-accepted standards
- Evaluate tools, technologies and processes to improve efficiency and scalability of infrastructure environments
- Ensuring solutions adhere to present and future business objectives
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Managing system development priorities and delivery schedule
- Managing IT project teams
- Deliver projects on time, on budget to the expected quality.
- Work with key stakeholders to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the Business and I.S. goals.
- Plan and manage the project life cycle from initiation to handover to production.
- Liaise with project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify project pre-requisites, dependencies, constraints, risks and critical path and manage these proactively.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leadership team to develop detailed project schedules, resource requirements and key milestones and manage these throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Conduct project ‘Lessons Learnt’ and create recommendations that will improve future project delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years I.T. industry experience with at least 5 years as a full life-cycle Project Manager on high profile and innovative technical enterprise solutions.
- Experience managing and delivering technical Applications & Server projects including integration and data migration projects using .NET environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.)
- Experience managing cloud solutions/platforms projects
- Experience in planning, organising, and controlling resources and tasks.
- Strong technical background
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Practical experience of application development life cycles (Waterfall & Agile)
- Experience communicating at all levels from Executive to Team level. Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
- Experience of building strong relationships with stakeholders and technology partners.
- Experience of building project plans that ensure the quality of the deliverables, and conform to the standards and best practices defined by the organisation.
- Experience of managing multiple parties, including Senior I.S. staff, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and bring the project forward.
- Experience in influencing at all levels within an organisation.
- Great problem solver – ability to get to the root cause of a problem and put corrective actions and preventative measures in place.
- Ability to set and work to strict project deadlines.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Proficient user of MS Office tools, in particular, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, Sharepoint.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in managing cloud migrations to SAAS
- Previous experience of DevOps
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Project Management certification.
- German Language
If this role interests you and you feel you have the requisite skills and experience, then please do send your up to date C.V and contact details through to Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here..
Excellence in IT Resourcing