12 month Daily Rate Contract – Remote
The DevOps Infrastructure Developer will be responsible for the development and testing of software defined infrastructure solutions – the design, development and delivery of software enabled and controlled infrastructure elements. These solutions must meet stated business and technology requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working within an Agile Scrum delivery methodology as part of a wider team.
- Working closely with both internal & external teams and vendors to guarantee continuous infrastructure availability.
- Develop, support, and improve tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Strong knowledge of networks, compute, cloud, virtualization, network infrastructure, telecom networks, circuits, datacentre technologies and best practices.
- Delivery on Service Level Agreements and maintaining solution performance and operation for all software defined infrastructure services.
- Internal and external infrastructure virtualization as well as the latest monitoring techniques.
- Utilize various open-source technologies.
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Provide support and training for developers, quality engineers, system engineers, and project/product managers.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, preferably Terraform, PowerShell, ARM, python. SHELL or Perl are acceptable.
- Proficient in different application stack architectures and environments.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centres
- At least moderate UNIX skills.
Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
- Cloud Technologies.
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)
- Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
Excellence in IT Resourcing