My client is recognised at European level as an industry leader for innovation and digital maturity. The company is now keen to add further people capability and talent to its core IT team as we embark on the next significant digital investment programme.
The successful candidate will help to build functional systems that improve the customer experience across complex digitised supply chain. Partnering and integrating with leading OEMs, the IT mission will be to build out a comprehensive control tower and extended digital platform for the management of diverse supply chain assets.
Working closely with the CTO on these exciting and ground breaking developments, the Senior Dev Ops Engineer will have significant responsibilities including managing software development, deploying software updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations to meet customer needs.
Ideally a candidate should have a solid background in software engineering and be familiar with Java and Python.
- Support the CTO with critical software development and implementation; these developments are expected to be industry leading innovations, extending digital maturity to cover more assets and processes in the supply chain, irrespective of ownership of the assets
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 3 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Honours degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering roll
- In-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure and management (AWS)
- Good knowledge of Java and Python
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellence in IT Resourcing