Role: Windows 10 rollout Engineer
Location: Dublin city centre
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 months daily rate contract.
The role will be working with Win10 project team and will be heavily involved in the migration to Win10. This will include doing PC builds, triaging issues from the project, floor walking after major roll outs and just normal BAU support when not doing project work.
- The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provides 2nd level incident support, within established service levels, across supported companies.
- Delivery of Install/Move/Add/Change (IMAC) and desktop support services, within established service targets, including the provision, configuration and installation of equipment across companies as a result of individual, large scale or complex business requests.
- Proactively schedule end-to-end management of hardware refresh program lifecycle for workstation equipment executed through the stages of acquisition, configuration, and disposal in line with ISO & compliance requirements.
- Participates in infrastructure, application or process improvement projects by consulting on capabilities of new and existing workstation technologies.
- Executes the Problem/Change/Asset Management process.
- Provide Asset and Configuration function within Europe.
- Work as part of a European Team to provide remote support to staff based in Ireland, UK & Germany.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar workstation technical support role.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to solve PC related problems utilising remote control tools.
- Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment.
- Flexibility in working in offsite locations on an ad hoc basis.
- Very good working knowledge of PC platforms, Citrix, printers, Smartphones, networks, telecoms & IT systems.
- Expert knowledge of Windows 7 and/or Windows 10.
- Willingness to improve in personal knowledge as it applies to supporting the company’s objectives.
- Knowledge of and experience in imaging and building PCs.
- Good understanding and experience of asset management processes and compliance requirements.