6 months Daily rate contract.
Dublin City Center.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring and leading the effective application of technology to business problems and opportunities. The SAN works closely with the Project Manager, Systems Architect and the Senior Developer in a shared responsibility for project feasibility evaluation, quality and completion. He/she also works closely with the Business Sponsors and Business Representatives to capture business system objectives, evaluate the business case and define system requirements; and, with Software Developers in the detailed design, programming, testing and implementation phases of development and maintenance projects. Activities performed in the role include:
- Gain business knowledge
- Define business problems or opportunities and perform benefit analysis
- Perform business and systems analysis and design
- Perform functional analysis and design
- Plan and estimate
- Perform quality assurance
- Support training and implementation
- Provide leadership
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Expert in detailed analysis techniques with the ability to translate into comprehensive documentation which can be understood by Business and I.S. alike.
- Ability to produce test strategies and test plans, and experience with test execution and troubleshooting systems software
- Experience in information management, relational database design and development for collecting and storing data.
- Experience of writing Data Manipulation Language/SQL for managing data within Oracle and SQL Server schemata
- Excellent team player
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with recognised application/service delivery processes and methodology
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (Life and Pensions Insurance)
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be educated to technical degree level, or equivalent technical experience
- Proven industry experience as a Technical Systems Analyst
- Have a strong and current technical background
- Have excellent communication skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Are passionate and excited by this opportunity
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of the German language would be an significant advantage