Technical Project Manager (Security)
Initially 6 months daily rate contract.
Job Main Purpose:
The Security Project Manager role is responsible for delivering projects defined as part of the IT Security program. This incorporates IT and business change initiatives and involves working with technical IT stakeholders to implement security controls and business sponsors on opportunity/ benefits identification, concept development, planning, prioritisation, solution definition, project planning and delivery and benefits realisation.
- Working with technical IT stakeholders to define scope and approach to deliver agreed security controls/projects.
- Defining & structuring overall project to meet objectives and managing through stages of project lifecycle.
- Ensure effective working relationship with appropriate internal and external stakeholders/vendors to achieve successful implementation of change.
- Responsibility for ensuring delivery processes are being followed and associated QA in place.
- Responsibility for scope, time, quality, outcomes and cost and any deviations, included project RAID log.
- Responsibility for timely reporting, budget & risk management & escalation.
- Ensuring key stakeholders are kept abreast of project progress, risk.
- Carry out work of equal or lower grade.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years leading release and change management initiatives including working with integrated teams, preferably with a strong technical background.
- Process oriented with a focus on problem identification, decision-making, solution implementation and d-2-d operational management.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or other industry security certifications highly beneficial
- Strong team leadership skills with ability to inspire and motivate diverse team/stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record of delivering technical projects, preferably in the security field.
- Experience of delivering to strict target dates and/or service levels.
- Experience working in a hybrid environment (Cloud/On Premise) and delivering security solutions e.g. Next Generation Malware, Security in the development pipeline, SIEM, privileged access solutions etc. a distinct advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reporting & performance against roadmap of improvements as well as existing controls and processes.
- Delivery of defined scope, on time and within budget