Technical admin – contract initially 6 months
It would be a hybrid model – ideally 1/ 2 days on site per week – location would be Park West in Dublin.
- Configure and maintain infrastructure, including support of a variety of technologies. This includes testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning platforms to ensure availability and optimum systems performance.
- Provide support in an office and remote environment during planned/unplanned after-hours work.
- Deliver quality of service to internal and external customers
- Consultancy with internal customers on security and compliance issues.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing systems. This may involve new technology, simplified processes, or automating manual systems.
- Implement controls to identify problems before they impact customers and systems.
- Actively participate in process and technical improvement initiatives and procedures.
- Possesses consulting, organizational transformation and change management skills
- Ensure effective monitoring & capacity planning of infrastructure in line with SLAs and internal procurement processes.
- Identify, plan for, and effectively implement lifecycle activities for your area of responsibility.
- Maintain a up to date understanding of vulnerabilities, assess their risk, and implement solutions to protect the environment.
- Provide long term strategic input into infrastructure design and solutions, while working within the limitations of a corporate environment.
- Work closely with Project managers to ensure successful project delivery and collaboration across the department
- Manage changing priorities and workloads that come with day to day responsibilities and projects
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in implementing, supporting and administering IT infrastructure in a large corporate environment.
- 3rd / 4th level support capability in area of expertise, including investigation, troubleshooting, documenting, and solving critical system failures and intermittent/performance issues
- Proactive/self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Willingness to mentor and teach people what you know
- Understand of WAN and LAN Environment (routers, firewalls, vlans – advantage: Cisco CCT or CCNA)
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server (AD&GPO, DNS,DHCP,IIS, SQL, WSUS, SharePoint), Windows 10, (advantage: MCSE, MCSA,MCITP, Azure Administrator Associate)
- Good working knowledge of Linux (advantage: RHCSA or RHCE)
- Coding or scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, Pyhton.
- Experience of working in cloud environment Azure and /or AWS (advantage: Azure Fundamentals or AWS Cloud Practitioner)
- Working knowledge of O365
- Experience with Nagios, Dynatrace, Service Now
- Understanding ITIL processes (advantage: ITIL Foundation)
Preferred but not essential
- Insurance background
- Higher education degree