Permanent fulltime role
The Solutions Architect develops appropriate architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects. The successful applicant will participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment, and will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
This is a hands-on role. The right person will come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
We are specifically looking for individuals with experience in Document creation/Content Management (Filenet or equivalent)/ Scanning (IBM Datacap or equivalent) experience. Additionally, experience of robotics (Automation Anywhere or equivalent) would be very useful.
- Develop architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects;
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Client’s technical architecture across the I.S. Enterprise Architecture;
- Contribute to/forms the strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks;
- Provide direction and leadership to project teams;
- Ensure solutions adhere to present and future business objectives.
Essential Skills, Experience & Competencies
- 7+ years systems/solutions architecture experience;
- Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions in a large enterprise environment;
- Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum based teams;
- Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own initiative;
- Experience of Balancing Workloads, and Staff Mentoring;
- Candidates should have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation;
- Candidates must have experience in producing high quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams. The core language is English;
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks;
- Candidates must have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations. Some technologies used by client are:
– MS Azure cloud environment.
– Container technologies like Kubernetes/Docker.
– OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
– Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular SQL Server & Oracle
& MY SQL
– Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory,
– eBusiness applications using J2EE
- Candidates must be proficient with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Web services (SOAP and REST);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills – explain complex IT applications in simple user friendly language;
- Experience working with Business SMEs and Leaders;
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions;
- Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail;
- A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through;