My client is looking for a Software Engineering Manager for a flexible hybrid model role. Someone strong in leading and building high-performance software engineering teams(people management skills.)
- Experience in designing, building & leading high-performance software engineering delivery teams
- High achiever with a very strong software engineering background (People, Process & Technology)
- Experience in designing and building n-tier systems.
- Experience with Java, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot.
- Experience in Containerisation – Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms, Azure, AWS, or others.
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery principles and methodologies.
- Experience in working in a test-driven environment with continuous integration pipelines managing the orchestration of feature and regression test packaging & execution.
- Work closely with the Head of Software Engineering to understand the Software Engineering roadmap, and how the team and individual capabilities need to develop to align with this roadmap, as well as with the company’s business strategy.
- Contribute to the SE roadmap by creating strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks.
- Work closely with senior leadership stakeholders to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other key functions such as Quality Assurance, Architecture, and Service Delivery.
- Document skill and experience gaps versus SE roadmap, and work with individual practitioners to create personal development plans to close these gaps.
- Execute development plans by mentoring/coaching individual practitioners, while leveraging the training and development resources already available.
- Contribute to capability development in areas such as Agile/SAFe, Scrum, and DevOps.
- Identify Single Person Dependencies and develop plans to address how these risks can be mitigated
- Where capability cannot be developed internally, provide details of new roles/skills that are required for the SE roadmap, and drive the recruitment/contractor conversion where necessary.
- Review SE contractor estate, and implement plans to meet target staff/contractor mix by reducing/normalizing dependency on contractors.
- Very good knowledge of System Architecture, Software Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – the experience with Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams.
- Strong competencies in Building & Developing SE teams, Planning, Collaboration, Communication, and Strategic Thinking.
- Keen interest in building effective teams and individuals. Passionate about developing talent
- Experience in transforming software development staff from legacy platforms to modern technologies.
- Experience putting together career development plans for software engineers
- Experience in leading/guiding teams and individuals in the development of complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers. Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service-oriented architectures (SOA), and relational databases.
- A strong network of contacts in the software development industry – for benchmarking, recruitment, training, development, coaching, etc.
- Determined, focused, resilient, and innovative – understand what needs to happen, and get it done. Knows how to navigate business and I.S. organizations
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to craft effective solutions
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A solution-driven, self-starter with commitment and follow-through.