Software Development Manager
6-month initial contract
Dublin city centre/Remote
Our client is actively seeking a Software Development Manager to join its management team reporting to the Head of Function. The role will have overall responsibility for the software development practice of the function and manage a software development team to deliver and support bespoke solutions and platforms with a strong engineering focus.
- Own the practice of Software Development used across the entire function spanning all technologies, SDLCs, standards, patterns, and tooling.
- Management of the pipeline of software delivery at a macro level and micro-level
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of software developers to ensure they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential.
- Provide necessary oversight to ensure solutions are developed in accordance with the function’s quality standards, controls, architecture, wider organization security standards, and optimal total cost of ownership.
- Sustain the software delivered in accordance with production SLAs and provide ongoing fixes, improvements, and exploitations.
- Collaborate with the Architects, Project Managers, Analysts, and the IT management team contributing to business cases, sizings/estimations, and plans, and ensuring optimal design and execution of solutions.
- Develop and leverage a close working relationship with key technology stakeholders
- Represent (direct or through delegate) the function at relevant Community Forums.
- Track and report on key KPIs.
- 10+ Years proven track record working in software development teams
- Technical leadership in the area of software development and engineering (practices, design, and implementation patterns)
- Experienced in Version Control, Continuous Integration/Build, Code Analysis, and Test Management tools
- Experience in reporting tools Power BI and Excel Power Query/Power Pivot desirable
- MS Azure Stack
- OO programming, SQL, web application development, security, and open source technologies