The Service Desk Technician role is responsible for the customer facing and 1st OR 2nd line support (according to your experience). Provide support to the Management & team coordinator in the running of the department. The role also ensures that incidents and requests are processed within our service level agreements and resolved to customer satisfaction. Please note, for this role drive license is a must. Also we have roles available for Dublin or Cork.
- Provide 1stlevel/ 2nd level response to technical software and hardware incidents for all Group users, to agreed service levels both in terms of performance and customer satisfaction.
- Installation and configuration of approved hardware, software and mobile devices
- Creating, updating and flagging knowledge base articles as required
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user friendly and professional manner
- Keep users informed of call status if requested.
- Site attendance as required
- Delivers, Tags, sets up and assists in the configuration of end user PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Co-ordinates timely repair of PC equipment covered by 3rdparty vendor maintenance agreements.
- Escalation of issues to the Service Desk Management team
Ability to be:
- Accurate whilst following documented processes and policies
- Adaptable/flexible-to cover a 7.5-hour shift between 7:30am-6:00pm.
- Customer and service orientated
- Highly driven and have a professional/determined/positive attitude.
- Willing and capable to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the business
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving, whilst under pressure.
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Basic hardware for PC’s
- Basic Active Directory preferred
- Basic Office 365 administration
- Service Management system
- CompTIA certification – preferred for Level 1
- ITIL Foundation – preferred for Level 2
- Minimum 1-year experience in a Service Desk environment
- MCSA/MCITP certification desirable
- Driving license required