The Service Desk Technician role is responsible for the customer facing and 1st line support role within the Service Desk, on a day to day basis and to provide support and feedback to the Management & team coordinator in the running of the department. The role also ensures that incidents and requests are processed within our service level agreements and resolved to customer satisfaction.
- Provide 1st level response to technical software and hardware incidents
- Group users, to agreed service levels both in terms of performance and customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with 2nd level technical support staff to ensure support response times are within agreed limits
- Installation and configuration of approved hardware, software and mobile devices
- Creating, updating and flagging knowledge base articles as required
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user friendly and professional manner
- Keep users informed of call status if requested.
- Site attendance as required
- Delivers, Tags, sets up and assists in the configuration of end user PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Co-ordinates timely repair of PC equipment covered by 3rd party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Escalation of issues to the Service Desk Management team
Ability to be:
- Accurate whilst following documented processes and policies
- Adaptable/flexible-to cover a 7.5-hour shift between 7:30am-6:00pm.
- Customer and service orientated
- Highly driven and have a professional/determined/positive mental attitude.
- Willing and capable to work well independently and within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the business
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving, whilst under pressure
- Demonstrates drive and commitment
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Basic hardware for PC’s
- Basic Active Directory preferred
- Basic Office 365 administration
- Service Management system
- ITIL Foundation-preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in a Service Desk environment
- A+ certification-preferred
- MCSA/MCITP certification desirable
- Own transport required for travel to sites and other offices