Service Desk Technician Level 2
The Desktop Technician is responsible for the customer facing and 2nd line support role within the help desk, on a day to day basis and to provide support and feedback to the Support Team Leader and Management in the running of the department.
- Provide 2ndLevel technical software and hardware problem resolution to all users, to agreed Service Levels both in terms of performance and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide 2ndlevel technical support on all applications within the group
- Liaise with 3rd level technical support staff to ensure support response times are within agreed limits
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in an user friendly and professional manner
- Keep users informed of call status if requested.
- Provide 1:1 training as required by the user
- Delivers, Tags, sets up and assists in the configuration of end user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Co-ordinates timely repair of PC equipment covered by 3rdparty vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs desktop hardware repair for PC computers as required
- Maintenance of documentation for procedures and policies in line with IT standards
- Assist in the definition of Group wide Standards for PC Hardware and peripherals.
- Assist in the procurement of IT Hardware and Software to Group IT standards and the maintenance of our IT Asset Management procedures.
Ability to be
- Customer and Service Orientated
- Highly driven and have a professional/determined/positive mental attitude.
- Willing and capable to work well within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Server
- Understanding of switching, firewalls and routing
- Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, Skype for Business
- ITIL Foundation
- Minimum 3-5 year experience in a Service Desk environment
- MCP certification desirable
- Driving license required
- Own transport preferred for travel to sites and other offices