The Senior Solutions Architect develops appropriate architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects. He/she will participate and advise during the implementation of these
projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment. He/ she will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution
architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
This is a hands-on role. This right person would come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
Assignments are of high complexity and are focused on multiple features, functions, applications, and technologies where the impacts and risks associated with these developments are high.
Working closely with the Manager of IS Architecture, this senior role will provide direction and leadership to project teams, including mentoring others. It interacts with Business Management, Senior Management, internal companies, external partners, third-party vendors, and/or other
divisions. In particular, the individual will work closely with other senior practitioners including Systems, Technology, and Data Architects; System and Business Analysts; and Programme and Project Managers.
The role is based in Dublin, Ireland, with possible occasional travel to our companies in Germany. (English is the core language)
• Contributes to the strategic direction of technical architecture across the I.S. Enterprise Architecture
• Contributes to/forms the strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks.
• Contributes to project planning to define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates.
• Consults with internal clients and account managers to ensure the architecture meets the business requirements.
• Ensures requirements and proposed solutions align with technology domains and business area strategic directions
• Provides robust and cost-effective designs
• Takes a leadership role and responsibility for the architecture and design of Information Technology Solutions on a project.
• Act as the focal point to resolve all technical design issues as they occur during the full project life cycle.
• Develops appropriate architectural and design documentation and communicates to the appropriate business and project teams as required.
• Adhere to company standards and methodologies to ensure compliance with Enterprise architectural requirements and the quality and consistency of the design and its implementation.
• Participate in I.S. project planning by providing technology options and recommendations.
• Accountable for the delivery and quality of the required architecture artifacts that adhere to the Architecture Practice policies and standards.
• Ensure that architecture deliverables adhere to all Security and Data Protection policies and standards of the organization.
• Ensure that appropriate waivers are raised and in a place where such policies and standards are not met.
• Bring architectural anomalies to the attention of the Lead Architect and another appropriate senior IS leaders.
• Escalate architectural issues, as appropriate, for discussion and decision.
• Promotes the use of new I.T. industry standards, processes, and practices.
• Applies due diligence when making decisions under conditions of uncertainty and high pressure
Essential Skills and Experience
• 7+ years of systems/solutions architecture experience.
• Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions in a large enterprise environment
• Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – the experience with Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams
• Experience in Balancing Workloads, and Staff Mentoring.
• Candidates should have worked within a recognized application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing, and Documentation.
• Candidates must have experience in producing high-quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams.
• Candidates must have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure, and Security Frameworks.
• Candidates must have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations.
Some technologies used:
• MS Azure cloud environment.
• Container technologies like Kubernetes/Docker.
• OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
• Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular, MS SQL Server & Oracle & MY SQL
• Authentication: MS B2C, Active Directory,
• eBusiness applications using J2EE
• Candidates must be proficient with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Web services (SOAP and REST)
Desired Skills and experience
• Experience with using LeanIX as an enterprise architecture repository.
• Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality.
• Experience developing Broker IT/Broker portal solutions for the Insurance Industry
• Experience using JIRA and Confluence
• Working knowledge of the German language would be an asset. (not a must, the core language is English)
• 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills – ability to explain complex IT applications in simple user-friendly language.
• Experience working with Business SMEs and Leaders
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions
• Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive
• Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• A solution-driven, self-starter with commitment and follow-through
Build Collaborative Relationships
Execute for Results