Senior Software Engineer
This exciting role includes the delivery of development initiatives both internally and externally via the presentation of demonstration systems. The role exposes the candidates to both internal development technical expertise and best practices as well as opening a window to experience the real world of the communications service provider’s domain.
- Working with and mentoring team members to interface with Customers, Tech- Sales, Alliances and partner companies on requirements definition for demos, proof of concept (POC) and trial exercises.
- Preparing and planning development projects, and driving those plans through to a successful completion.
- Producing requirements, functional and design specifications in the course of implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing priorities while working independently to drive projects to completion under very tight deadlines.
- Drive the execution and delivery of demos from end to end by collaborating with architects, product owners and engineers.
- Taking a technical lead on proof of concept exercises on site at customer
- Carrying out research, development and implementation activities
- Leading the development and delivery of standard and straightforward demonstrations
- Strong software development experience
- Project and Software development lifecycle experience.
- Proficient in design and development of RESTful web services
- Strong Experience in UNIX Operating System – Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CENTOS or similar.
- Excellent self-management skills and discipline with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Proven record of delivery of products/projects to customers.
- Strong in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C++
- Excellent problem solving skills
- 5+ years commercial experience required
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a global software vendor or a global mobile operator
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies
- Agile Development experience