Senior Java Engineer
Dublin city centre
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will become a core member of the Application Delivery Team working across the full software development lifecycle helping to design and build solutions based on industry best practices and providing expertise to broader team.
Key responsibilities will include but not are limited to:
- Carry out system upgrades/migrations and develop new features
- Work with architects, business analysts, test teams, and business users to analyse and document requirements and problems, identifying options and end-to-end solutions.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the functional and technical components of systems.
- Prepare technical specifications for system enhancements.
- Deliver Enterprise Level Applications based on Application patterns and coding best standards.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in software design and development activities.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers when required.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Drive the mind-set of continuous improvement
Required skills / criteria
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a full-stack capacity
- Problem-solving with a proven track record of achievements and innovation
Proven experience delivering high-quality software at scale to agreed milestones and / or service levels
- Excellent people and relationship skills with ability to negotiate and influence
- Advanced knowledge of java technologies and development tools including:
- Java, JavaEE, JPA
- Experience working with:
- Web Service development
- Eclipselink JPA
- Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Webflow, Spring Security, Spring Web Service
- SQL / Oracle databases
- Oracle Weblogic
- JUNIT & similar test frameworks
- Code repositories tools such as SVN / GIT
- Build Automation, monitoring, quality tools like: Jenkins, Gradle, Sonarcube
- BRE – Business Rules Engine experience a plus
- AWS, React, NodeJS experience an advantage but not required