The Scrum Master will act as the Leader of the project team, facilitating Scrum ceremonies during the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of projects, ensuring compliance with company standards and Agile practices.
The Scrum Master will act as the Pro-active Leader of the project team, facilitating Scrum ceremonies during the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of projects, ensuring compliance with company standards and Agile practices.
Technical competencies, experience, and skills:
- Certified Scrum Master
- 7+ years experience in project delivery, with more recent experience in Agile delivery but respecting that the candidate may have valuable experience prior to this working in a Waterfall environment
- Professional accreditation of project management methodologies and processes, e.g. Prince 2, PMP, Agile
- Degree in IT / Computer Science / Project Management desirable
As a “Pro-active Leader” the candidate will need to demonstrate capability in the following areas:
- Engage in detailed business and technical knowledge transfer in order to gain competent levels of understanding to help solve problems yourself, to facilitate others in problem-solving, and to help you anticipate and ‘unblock’ tasks.
- Be able to help to challenge the team for achievement of business value and elimination of waste.
- Motivate teams forward towards our strategic and tactical objectives.
- Coach individuals to maximize their potential and their contribution to the Scrum team.
- Be willing and capable of helping to represent the team – this includes all areas of communication such as verbal status summaries, written reports, preparation of presentations, and stakeholder management.
As a member of the IT Leadership Group, the ideal candidate will need to be willing and able to contribute to the general running of the IT unit, engaging in any areas that ultimately lead to the effective operation of the Scrum teams and the Corporate Business IT unit.
While the candidate must be committed to the principles of Scrum, it is equally important that they can demonstrate real-world application and experience within challenging commercial circumstances. Candidates will need to demonstrate strong real-world examples through the following Competencies
- Planning and Organising
- Communication and Influencing
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Problem Solving and Decision Making