Seeking an experienced Release Manager, candidates must have a proven ability to leverage modern approaches and toolsets to manage and streamline the release management process to ensure that changes efficiently flow through all pre-production environments and result in successful releases.
• Work closely with the Platform Ops team to ensure alignment regarding Infrastructure requirements & timelines
• Manage and mitigate risks and resolve issues regarding release quality and schedule.
• Schedule, manage and coordinate releases across multiple applications within various portfolios across different teams and projects.
• Constructing a release calendar for the different projects to have a centralized view of all releases.
• Identify and implement improvements on a regular basis to the release process.
• Communicate crucial release plans and changes
• Produce Production Go Live run books and plans
• Streamline Environment usage across all teams to ensure a consistent release process and path to production (DEV-TEST-UAT-PROD etc)
• Build out an overall view of all environments and work with the teams to optimize and standardize environments usage
• Identify and monitor KPIs to assess the overall performance of release management
• Coordination of future cloud releases management processes
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
Key Personal Strengths:
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Team player who will work effectively and pro-actively with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to integrate with all areas of the business
• Technically strong with proven ability to perform release management activities at the enterprise level
• Strong and proven problem-solving ability
• Expertise in the Release Management domain and streamlining the release process within organizations
• Familiar with the latest release management tools and approaches – Infrastructure as code, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure tech, Jenkins for CI /CD
• Experience in coordinating cross-functional work teams up to task completion
• Technical background with a computer science degree or similar Discipline
• Excellent communication, coordination skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• An expert understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall release management
• Previous experience working in Financial Services.
• Written and/or oral German language (good but not a must).