The successful candidate will work as part of the European Network Infrastructure team on Network/firewall/F5 Production Support infrastructure incidents, problems and projects of diverse scope. They will be recommending solutions based on the analysis and interpretation of Network/firewall equipment, tools & diagnostics. They will also be involved in the implementation of new technologies into the production environment. As part of this team, they will be providing second and third line technical support to staff.
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls (VSX & remote VPN) would be of benefit.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment. Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment(Stack wise, 3750 & Nexus)
- Content switching/F5 experience is preferred.
- CCNP Wireless Certified
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Plans and leads implementation of Network systems into Production
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Provides technical guidance regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Writes and maintains operating, maintenance and standards manuals for Network infrastructure.
- Manage short – Medium term projects to successful completion.
- Guides other analysts in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment.
- Prioritises own work and provides some assistance to other analysts.
- Manage all changes to defined Change Management Process.
- Travel will be required from time to time.