I am currently recruiting for An Oracle Database Administrator to join a well-known organisation in Dublin City Centre.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the design, build and maintenance of business-critical systems in Oracle 12c or higher, with an emphasis on stability while adhering to the required security and development standards.
- Understand project requirements and develop design specifications.
- Design and implement the data model according to project requirements.
- Develop new applications convert, upgrade, or refactor existing applications.
- Design databases according to agreed standards and ensuring security, stability, reliability, performance, scalability, and concurrent access by users.
- Create schema objects, roles, privileges, constraints, implement rules for data integrity and grant access permissions.
- Implement indexing strategies, sequencing, partitioning, table spaces, views, performance tuning and optimisation.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration, bulk processing and data cleansing/conversion.
- Write, modify and tune Oracle PL/SQL for statements, functions, packages, collections, procedures, triggers, batch processing and client-side statements.
- Provide services in an Agile development environment, provide technical assistance to other developers as needed and assist in continuous integration/development and acceptance testing.
- Perform bug fixes, root cause analysis, trouble shooting, and incident resolution.
- Create technical and architectural documentation and create technical instructions throughout programme development.
- Provide expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Advise on Oracle features and on best practice and optimal approach in the use of PL/SQL.
- Ensure that data remains consistent across the database, is clearly defined, users can access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs and that there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Create shell scripts and performing timely backups of all key database systems.
- Develop Oracle BI Reports and Oracle Reports.
- Provide support for Stress/Load Testing.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Experience in data modelling and designing and building database schemas according to agreed standards to solve business requirements.
- Experience developing, modifying and optimising a wide range of PL/SQL statement types.
- Bug fixing, root cause analysis, trouble shooting, and incident resolution of issues on Oracle relational databases.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment; assisting in DevOps, continuous integration/development, and acceptance testing; and providing technical assistance to other developers.