My client a leading financial services firm is actively looking for a Senior Network Engineer with experience working with Checkpoint and F5 for a long term daily rate contract
Successful candidate will work as part of the Network Infrastructure team on Network/firewall/F5 Production Support infrastructure incidents, problems and projects of diverse scope. They will be recommending solutions based on the analysis and interpretation of Network/firewall equipment, tools & diagnostics. They will also be involved in the implementation of new technologies into the production environment.
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- A third level qualification and/or certification in a technical area.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a senior technical role in a multi-national company.
- Excellent working knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls (VSX & remote VPN) would be of benefit.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment. Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment(Stack wise, 3750 & Nexus)
- Content switching/F5 experience is preferred.
- Certification such as Cisco CCNP/CCIE or Checkpoint CCSE.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and on own initiative
- The ability to logically troubleshoot problems to a satisfactory resolution
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Plans and leads implementation of Network systems into Production
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Provides technical guidance regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Writes and maintains operating, maintenance and standards manuals for Network infrastructure.
- Guides other analysts in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment.
- Prioritises own work and provides some assistance to other analysts
If you feel this role is a match for your skills and you would like to apply then please do send your up to dte C.V and contact details through the portal provided.