Linux System Administrator
6 month contract
Dublin city centre/Remote
Our high-profile client based in Dublin is actively seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator with strong Ansible skills with good exposure to VMware and enterprise storage technologies.
The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the non-production Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) infrastructure and provide operational support to Enterprise Storage systems.
- Be responsible for the configuration and support of physical and virtual IT operations solutions and services.
- Work in a team of DevOps specialists and engineers making sure services are delivered and used according to industry and organizational best practices, standards, and service requirements.
- Assist internal IT teams and provide advice and guidance where appropriate in relation to incidents, service requests and/or projects to ensure the successful completion of said items.
- Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
- Work closely with DevOps Engineers, Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Delivery Managers, and Product Managers, supporting the implementation and operationalization of on premise hosted products and services.
Knowledge & Experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator(RHCSA) or R Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is desired but not essential
- Ideally, 3 – 5 years of experience working within an enterprise environment
- Experience in VMware 6.7 and 7
- NetApp experience would be an advantage
- Oracle DBA experience a bonus