Lead Java Developer (Full stack)
- Contributes to the strategic direction for software development across the Enterprise Architecture
- Ensures requirements and proposed solutions align with technology domains and business area strategic directions.
- Contributes to/forms the strategic directions for the use of concepts, technologies, languages, patterns, APIs, and frameworks.
- Promotes the use of new I.T. industry standards, processes and practices.
- Identifies and tests underlying development assumptions
- Applies due diligence when making decisions under conditions of uncertainty and high pressure.
- Utilises structured approach to effectively manage project/programme components
- Plans efforts across multiple business functions to ensure they integrate the needs of the organisation
- Contributes to long-range strategies and effectively manages risk
- Contributes to project planning to define activities, resources, timelines
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Experience in leading development of complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers. Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service oriented architectures (SOA) and relational databases.
- 7+ years Java programming experience with at least 3 years in a team leading role
- Highly proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, complex technical solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE
- Experience with applications servers and IBM WebSphere
- Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking)
- Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Hibernate, SQL
- Maven or similar
- Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum based teams
SIMILAR ROLES OPEN:
We have a number of similar opportunities open. Please to reach out to us in order to discuss other roles we are currently recruiting for in similar fields.
Or feel free to view our website for more information.