I am currently recruiting for a Lead Data Engineer to join our client to work on an early-stage green-field project, using modern technologies (we use Snowflake as our data warehouse and Python as our main programming language). You’ll get to shape the technical development and engineering practices within the team from the start.
- Design, develop and deploy production-grade data pipelines to feed data to our data warehouse.
- Collaborate with the Data Insights team and understand their requirements to design, develop and deploy data extraction feeds to the data science consumers.
- Ensure proper documentation exists for data pipelines
- Work closely with the Head of Data Engineering on the design and implementation of these pipelines.
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers. Lead by example with engineering excellence.
- Work with our infrastructure department and vendors on any production issues.
- Manage and administer the Data and analytical systems as required.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Deep experience of databases and SQL – (Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres)
- Data warehousing in any technology.
- Data modelling knowledge.
- Automation using Python or PowerShell or another scripting language.
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools such as SSIS, and OLAP tools such as SSAS.
- Experience in working in a cloud-based environment such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Financial Services experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau.
Strong proclivity for automation and DevOps practices.