A vacancy has arisen for the position of an IT Application Developer with 3-to-5 years experience. This role requires someone who can work in a self-organised Agile environment, having the right experience and mental flexibility to switch between programming languages and projects as required. Being capable of working in many different parts of the software development life-cycle at the same time.
The Application Developer colleague will participate in designing, developing and implementing IT solutions for new and existing systems, according to project requirements and adhering to the technical, process and regulatory standards. The purpose of the role includes:
- Application development using mostly Java front-end and PL-SQL dev approach.
- Ensuring that consistent design patterns, methodologies, and design documentation are maintained across all development work.
- Participating in the planning activities, estimating project delivery, including impact analysis, and estimating project development tasks within Agile Scrum framework.
- Participating in the technical & design reviews.
- Assisting in the testing of overall system solution, monitoring defects and implementing corrective actions as required.
- Providing effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to junior developers to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Working within an Agile delivery methodology as part of a wider team.
- Being self-motivated and keen to learn new technologies and methodologies, keeping up-to-date with development skills in the industry.
Since our architecture is in a transitioning period we are looking for someone who has the ability to work in a progressive environment and learn new skills throughout the progression.
The ideal candidate will have some of the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Java and Spring Framework
- UI Development Experience
- Knowledge of the Oracle Database, Application Server (WebLogic)
- Knowledge of database programming languages (e.g. Oracle PL-SQL)
- Be a good communicator and be able to explain technical concepts in non-technical language
- IT Degree or equivalent business or technical experience
- Experience working in regulated financial services environments would be desirable
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology and working as part of an Agile Team
- Capable of working in many different parts of the SDLC at the same time
- Preferably 3-to-5 years relevant IT development experience
- Planning & Organising
- Communications & Influencing
- Team Working & Cross-functional Collaboration
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving & Decision Making