As a member of the IT team, the IT Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT infrastructure and operations services. These services mainly relate to capacity planning, maintenance and support of IT systems but also relate to the selection, procurement, implementation and integration of software and hardware solutions. A key additional aspect of the role is assisting the delivery of IT infrastructure resilience, service continuity and disaster recovery services.
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT server and systems infrastructure.
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new systems.
- Assist with upgrading and maintaining new and existing systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Perform advanced systems operational tasks.
- Procurement of IT hardware, services and software.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends.
- Co-ordinate, liaise and foster relationships with all other IT staff and business areas.
- Participate in scheduled out of hours activity.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with 10 years’ experience in IT.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365), Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Knowledge of ADFS and Microsoft PKI.
- Knowledge of scripting technologies, including PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills.
- Fortinet / Forticlient / VPN and Firewall knowledge
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
Familiarity or Qualifications in the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav
- Financial application systems
- Windows 10 Operating System Administration
- Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft Licensing
- Project management methodologies
- Microsoft Azure