PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for assisting in the planning, organisation, and management of the overall IT Security Team systems to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and data assets.
The IT Security Engineer role is to detect, investigate, and respond to Security Incidents. They may also be involved in planning and implementing security measures and in building disaster recovery plans.
Working with the IT Security Team Leader, the IT Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Group IT users’ data residing on our infrastructure.
KEY TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with Implementation of Network Security at the Group Level as established by Group IT Security Policies
- Interact with group companies on all levels to resolve IT Security related issues and provide answers in a timely manner.
- Create requirements and documentation for security systems
- Define and document security procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security systems
- Develop technical solutions and select or build new security tools to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Communicate security incidents to the rest of the organization
- Monitor and prioritize alerts
- Investigate and respond to security incidents
- Plan and implement security measures
- Perform risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Deliver on IT Security projects following our PMO Framework
- Assist in the development and revision of the overall IT Security Strategic Plan for the Group
- Develop automation and orchestration between security tools
- Recommend security enhancements and purchases
Core Skill Set
- IT accreditation – Desirable – MCSE / VMware / Citrix / CompTIA Sec+
- Expert Knowledge of IT Technologies – MS Active Directory / Windows Server / Citrix / Mcafee EPO / Ability to query event logs / In-depth knowledge of mail flow and filtering / Thorough understanding of Group Policy / Proven track record of troubleshooting complex issues across multiple systems.
- Service Orientated
- High drive and determination/positive mental attitude.
- Willing and capable to work well within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrates drive and commitment
- Focus on IT innovation and new Products and Infrastructure solutions.
- Ability and Willingness to study out of hours and drive their own certification path