The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management (+ 8 years). He/she will be a highly motivated individual and be capable of working under pressure. The individual will ideally have been involved in large complex projects delivering business and operational transformation.
- To project manage medium to complex projects to deliver strategic goals.
- Provide leadership to the project team as they execute against the plan from commencement through to completion and to deliver the agreed scope, within budget and the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure the project stays on track, within budget and is delivered to a high standard, managing risks and issues as they arise as well as spotting areas for improvement during the project
- Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk while adhering to PM standards and methodologies
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders to ensure consistent feedback, project delivery and priority management
- Provide strategic input to the senior IT team to drive improvements in delivery, technology and structure
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in IT / computer science / project management desirable
- Professional accreditation e.g. Prince 2 / PMP / ePM
- 8+ years’ experience of project management & delivery in the financial services or technology
business environments would be very desirable
- Experience with software development methodologies and processes
- Project execution management
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Planning and Organising
- Communicating and Influencing
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Drive for Results