We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Solution Design Architect to assist our client on a large Oracle Linux migration project.
- Drive the execution of multiple work streams and deliver comprehensive solution designs, specifically SnapCenter solution design.
- Design and develop internal tooling to compensate for SnapCenter’s shortfalls.
- Working with Security team to ensure that all security elements are addressed.
- Identifying operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements
- Lead and oversee the development and documentation of comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, and ROI.
- Review, evaluate, and prioritise value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Lead solution design by translating requirements into workable business solutions and leading in design sessions with IT teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of Linux: Red Hat, CentOS, CoreOS, etc.
- Experience designing solutions based around Oracle Database running on Linux
- Hands on experience running Linux in physical, virtualised and AWS environments
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP, Load Balancing, Networking. PAM/SAMBA Active Directory
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Understanding of DevOps principles