Infrastructure Project Manager
6-month initial contract
Dublin city centre/ Hybrid
- Experience in the financial/insurance sectors is preferential.
- Create roadmap/phases for the technology platform to address specific challenges or risks to take account of production stability, information security, software upgrades and patching, and regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for infrastructure delivery (hardware, software, and supporting operational processes)
- Use professional project management disciplines, processes, and tools
- Leads or participates in the design of hardware infrastructure solutions, associated operational processes and provisioning of software environments.
- Cross-training of the relevant infrastructure areas in the new technologies introduced.
- In conjunction with enterprise, architects identify and recommend industry best practices including cost-benefit analysis and estimates for proposed solutions
- Maintains knowledge of IT Infrastructure architecture, standards, and practices and consistently applies these standards including prototype solutions to verify capabilities for new systems maintenance and upgrades
- Manage communications to ensure that issues and risks are controlled effectively and understood by stakeholders.
- Define all resource requirements (services, people, hardware, and software)
- Management and reporting of project budgets.
- Adherence to technical (quality) governance standards in the delivery of projects.
- Effective leadership of project teams both on and offshore.
- Minimum of five years of project management in implementing enterprise infrastructure and technology solutions.
- Have a strong understanding of IT technical infrastructure, and software development (digital) technologies and be experienced in the management of IT projects and budgets.
- Experience in managing technical infrastructure projects from a budget management and technical delivery perspective in particular
- Experienced in Financial or Insurance industries.
- Possess a broad technical knowledge base with a focus on strategic technologies
- Management of a third-party technical supplier(s) for project delivery.
- Possessing a good knowledge and understanding of IT technologies.
- Highly committed to following formal project management disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with both technical and business stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Analytical and aptitude for attention to detail
- Experience in leading projects in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies an advantage.