Full stack Java Developer
Fulltime Permanent role.
- Designs and ensures proposed solutions align with technology domains, compliance, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Contributes to project planning to define development activities and estimates of effort.
- Works independently and as part of a software development team for specific projects as required.
- Develop / modify / configure / integrate solution to meet design.
- Develop, run, and verify test cases (e.g., unit, stress, volume, benchmarking, black box routines).
- Develop / manage solution components (e.g., version control, code, automated build, deploy, unit test scripts, scheduling, configuration, documentation etc.).
- Manage defects (e.g., diagnosis of defects during testing phases, prioritization and scoping of defect resolution and enhancements, vendor engagement).
- Provide consultation and support for testing phases.
- Complete deliverables within methodologies and change management processes (e.g., documentation).
- Participate / coordinate / create / execute implementation plan.
- Support Solutions post implementation – Investigation, analysis, tracking, resolution.
- Contribute to system health/vitality activities.
- Identify / recommend / implement enhancements, standards, methods, tools, processes, and practices for SDEs.
- Assess the impacts of scope changes to SD activities, Identify and assess risks.
- Contribute to the identification of hardware requirements, software, and tools.
- Support peer development (e.g., mentorship, coaching, training).
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 5+ years Java programming experience.
- Proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, moderate to complex technical solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE.
- Experience with applications servers and in particular IBM WebSphere.
- Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking).
- Web services (SOAP and REST).
- Hibernate, SQL.
- Maven or similar.
- Experience in performing requirements analysis, and producing solutions designs.
- Experience in planning and executing the actions necessary to develop, test, configure, integrate, install, implement, and/or support a solution to meet business expectations.
- Experience in effectively applying I.S. and industry methods, processes, and practices while working within a governance structure.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service-oriented architectures (SOA) and relational databases.
- Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams.
- Strong competencies in Analysis & Problem Solving, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Planning and Organising, and Working on own Initiative.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through.
- Fluent in English – written and verbal.