My Clinet is looking for a talented individual who can quickly become productive within our complex
technical environment. They must have experience of working in an Agile Continuous Integration
environment. The applicant must have Java full stack development experience and be focused on
quality of implementation.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in software development, specifically developing
Java web services and Spring components, with a track record of high quality delivery, combined with
a keen appetite for all aspects of software engineering.
Purpose of the Role:
The role covers all stages of the software development lifecycle from strategy, application design &
development to system amendment, maintenance, and support. Development tasks will have a
mixture of business and technical deliverables.
Assignments are of a moderate to high complexity, are focused on multiple features, functions,
applications, and technologies where the impacts and risks associated with these developments are
It contributes to the Software Development practice, and to the I.S. Enterprise (e.g., training,
process, practices). It is accountable for the software deliverables of the overall solution.
All development will require a high degree of co-operation with other team areas within the I.S.
function. In particular, the individual will work closely with other senior practitioners including
Systems, Technology, and Data Architects; System and Business Analysts; and Programme and
Project Managers. The Software Engineer must ensure that all software developed meets I.S
standards and is compliant with company and other regulatory bodies.
The role is based in Dublin, Ireland, with occasional travel to our companies in Germany.
• Designs and ensures proposed solutions align with technology domains, compliance,
functional and non-functional requirements.
• Contributes to project planning to define development activities and estimates of effort.
• Works independently and as part of a software development team for specific projects as
• Develop / modify / configure / integrate solution to meet design.
• Develop, run, and verify test cases (e.g., unit, stress, volume, benchmarking, black box
• Develop / manage solution components (e.g., version control, code, automated build,
deploy, unit test scripts, scheduling, configuration, documentation etc.)
• Manage defects (e.g., diagnosis of defects during testing phases, prioritization and scoping of
defect resolution and enhancements, vendor engagement)
• Provide consultation and support for testing phases.
• Complete deliverables within methodologies and change management processes (e.g.,
• Participate / coordinate / create / execute implementation plan.
• Support Solutions post implementation – Investigation, analysis, tracking, resolution.
• Contribute to system health/vitality activities.
• Identify / recommend / implement enhancements, standards, methods, tools, processes, and
practices for SDEs.
• Assess the impacts of scope changes to SD activities, Identify and assess risks.
• Contribute to the identification of hardware requirements, software, and tools.
• Support peer development (e.g., mentorship, coaching, training)
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
• 5+ years Java programming experience
• Proficient in Java Full Stack Technologies. Track record of delivering high quality, moderate to
complex technical solutions.
• Knowledge and experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Java EE
• Experience with applications servers and in particular IBM Websphere.
• Unit and Integration testing (Junit and Mocking).
• Web services (SOAP and REST).
• Hibernate, SQL.
• Maven or similar.
• Experience in performing requirements analysis, and producing solutions designs.
• Experience in planning and executing the actions necessary to develop, test, configure,
integrate, install, implement, and/or support a solution to meet Business expectations.
• Experience in effectively applying I.S. and industry methods, processes, and practices while
working within a governance structure.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, Service-oriented architectures
(SOA) and relational databases.
• Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering, and DevOps / Agile
practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum based teams.
• Strong competencies in Analysis & Problem Solving, Collaboration & Teamwork,
Communication, Planning and Organising, and Working on own Initiative.
• Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
• A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through.
• Fluent in English – written and verbal.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality.
• Experience developing Broker IT / Broker portal solutions for the Insurance Industry.
• Knowledge and experience of Angular, npm, TypeScript, HTML and CSS
• Experience using JIRA.
• Working knowledge of German language
• 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline