This role is for a Test Lead who is passionate about Software Quality
and has a proven track record of leading effective QA teams. As an EBA Test Lead, this role will involve leading the Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) QA team for upcoming releases. A key part of this
role initially will involve assessing the current test strategy and approach in use within the EBA Delivery team and devising a plan to optimize this approach going forward. A proven ability to optimize the overall test approach and strategy is a key criterion for this role.
• Lead and manage the EBA QA team responsible for the testing of policy administration systems & integrated systems across multiple technologies and platforms.
• Manage the full systems test lifecycle for a series of concurrent projects using best practice methodology.
• Plan and manage ongoing enhancements to existing test infrastructure managing costs, resources, and delivery schedules in collaboration with the Test Environment Manager
• Identify and drive opportunities for test excellence to maximize test coverage and reduce execution times, including identifying opportunities to extend automated testing where appropriate.
• Drive QA process improvements within the EBA QA team
• Coordinate, plan, and provide guidance on the Business Acceptance Test strategy, ensuring appropriate test coverage and no duplication of effort with the FIT phase.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent feedback, project delivery, and priority management.
• Manage & support the team, coaching and mentoring to ensure they have clear objectives and are motivated to achieve maximum potential.
• Ensure the team is following QA Best Practices and work closely with the QA Practice Lead to ensure any EBA tooling/test approaches are in line with the overall QA strategy
• Support the QA planning and estimation for test activities for subsequent EBA releases
• Distribute work across the team in an effective and challenging way to ensure skill transfer and cross-functional capability to support client needs.
• Manage & coordinate the efficient usage of the EBA test environments in close collaboration with the Test Environment Manager
• Provide regular QA status updates to key EBA stakeholders
• Monitor efficiency of resource use within the EBA QA team
• Support regulatory/audit/security QA internally and with external partners as needed
• Proven ability to assess inefficiencies in testing strategies and the successful execution of the associated improvement initiatives
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize across multiple tasks to tight timelines and to coordinate cross-teamwork.
• Excellent quality assurance skills and understanding of QA Best Practices
• Proven ability to lead effective QA teams
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence the Delivery Team on Software Quality best practices and ensure testable high-quality software
• Previous experience mentoring and providing guidance and support to the junior members of the team
• Agile tester mindset and approach that has experience defining test approaches that maximize the Return on Investment from automation and enable Continuous Delivery.
Technologies & Frameworks
• Test Rails
• Oracle/MS SQL Server
• Experience devising effective test strategies for complex systems
• Strong Web-application testing experience
• Expert at leading and managing a team of dispersed QA Engineers, supporting and ensuring high quality and on-time consistent delivery of software
• Experience leading QA teams that consist of both manual and automation engineers
• Experience working closely with Automation team members to devise efficient test strategies leveraging automation to decrease the manual testing effort
• Proven ability to improve and refine existing test strategies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Deep understanding of modern QA tools and best practice standards
• Previous experience working in Financial Services.
• Experience managing the coordination of UAT test efforts to ensure there an efficient overall test approach
• Experience working with 3rd Party Vendors and defining QA governance criteria
Necessary Qualifications / Skills
• 3rd level qualification (honors degree), preferably in a related discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
Communication and Influencing
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Planning and Organising
Team Working and Cross-Functional Collaboration
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process.