Our Dublin based clied is currently recruiting for a Director of Engineering to join them on a permanent basis and work with them to deliver a secure, future-proof path for growth.
- Lead and manage teams of highly competent software developers, solutions and U/X engineers and technical writers in building and delivering the next generation API Management solutions.
- Define the organizational structure and software development process best practices for both new feature development and maintenance activities as required by business demands.
- Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence – be a change agent: Take initiative and constantly seek out new tools, processes, techniques and incorporate them into the software development lifecycle
- Balance people, resources, process and practices with quality, scope and time
- Mentor and coach engineers; develop great engineering leads/managers; be someone others want to follow
- Measure the efficiency of engineering practices through various metrics and work on continuously improving them.
- Work with peer engineering leaders to drive collaboration, sharing of best practices, research & technology, continuous process improvements and innovation.
- Establish trust and coordinate with distributed Product Management, Professional Sales, Support and peer engineering teams.
- Lead from the front during design and problem-solving sessions by understanding and empowering the team and articulating clearly the context and business rationale from the customers and stakeholders’ perspective.
- Become a product subject matter expert so you can provide the context the team needs to be successful.
- Interact with customers during technical discussions representing the voice of engineering.
- Contribute to technical and product strategy and roadmaps: Ensure plans have maximum RoI, add business value and are achievable. Ensure product strategy considers product performance, scalability, and supportability.
- Set vision, inspire and motivate, make decisions, and ensure the team delivers
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent technical and people leadership skills with ability to motivate and energise teams
- Excellent communication skills (ability to be succinct, simple and confident)
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- You solve problems with the right mix of creativity and pragmatism. You work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude. You take great pride in your work – You cultivate that same behaviour in people you lead
- You proactively identify project, people and organizational risks and problems and provide well-thought-out solutions to them
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You feel comfortable making decisions and working with minimal direction under pressure and with ambiguous priorities
- You have the following experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or related discipline
- 5+ years of prior relevant technical lead or management experience with
- 10+ years of overall software development experience
- Experienced in mentoring, managing engineers, recruiting and retaining top talent
- Experience in managing distributed teams in an agile environment