Devops Infrastructure Developer
6 month contract
The DevOps Infrastructure Developer will come from a software engineering background to work across a hybrid of both Microsoft and Java technologies.
- Working within an Agile Scrum delivery methodology as part of a wider team.
- Working closely with both internal & external teams and vendors
- Develop, support, and improve tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Strong knowledge of networks, compute, cloud, virtualization, network infrastructure, telecom networks, circuits, datacentre technologies and best practices.
- Delivery on Service Level Agreements and maintaining solution performance and operation for all software defined infrastructure services.
- Internal and external infrastructure virtualization as well as the latest monitoring techniques.
- Utilize various open-source technologies.
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Provide support and training for developers, quality engineers, system engineers and project/product managers
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Scripting languages required are Python or Perl, Bash/Shell.
- Fluent in at least one other scripting language, preferably Terraform, PowerShell, or ARM.
- Infrastructure as code experience using Terraform preferably on a cloud platform using Azure or AWS
- Proficient in different application stack architectures and environments.
- Has hands on experience troubleshooting and configuring apps and infrastructure
- Has hands-on experience of Docker, preferably in an AKS environment, and has prior experience with deployments using Helm.
- Experience working in a continuous integration continuous delivery environment, and has a thorough knowledge of GIT, & best practices, and standards in relation to SDLC pipelines.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centres.
- Excellent UNIX skills required.