Job Purpose: Performing tactical tasks related to departmental projects and operational support. This is a technical role within Managed Services. The role will also have frequent interactions with Sales, Business Support and clients.
- Investigating, analysing & resolving complex support cases escalations
- Point of Escalation for trouble shooting
- Writing & Maintaining Known Error Database & Knowledge Base
- Assisting with department project initiatives and related reporting and documentation
- Contributing to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, with focus on improving customer experience
- Communications with Team regarding changes, system interruptions, and new tools and documentation resources
- Contributing to Our Clients corporate knowledge by defining best practices, business process flows, trending, forecasting and scenario planning capabilities.
- Provisioning of Virtual Resources, Storage Resources, Patch Management, responsible for managing Change Control Process.
- Maintaining expert-level functional knowledge of our product and service offerings to our clients
- Acting as a role model, coach, and mentor within the Support team
- Working a part of the Solutions Delivery Team, consulting, designing, implementing and supporting solutions across chosen technology stack (EMC, Symantec, Dell Solutions, Cisco UCS, VMware & ServiceNow)
- Technical Aptitude – Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
- Business Aptitude – To understand the business impact to the customer when dealing with support issues
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills – excellent written & oral skills required
- Motivation – ability to achieve predetermined goals, demonstrate persistence.
- Customer Service – to provide a consistent quality proactive service to customers
- Analytical – Demonstrate superior technical skills in the analysis of customer problems
- Planning & Organising – Ability to plan and organise time to deal with multiple support issues
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in work environment, hours of work, manages changes in approaches, ability to deal with frequent change, delays & unexpected events
- Microsoft Certification
- Knowledge in Microsoft Windows system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Monitoring & Management tools
- Network Certification
- VMware VCP
- EMC, Dell, Symantec, Cisco & Veeam Partner Certifications
- Knowledge of fibre channel, iSCSI and SCSI technology, networking and SAN
- ITIL v3 Basic Principals