Role: Desktop Engineer (Level 2)
Location: Shannon (Full-time Onsite)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 6 months daily rate contract.
- The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provides 2nd level incident support, within established service levels, across supported companies.
- Delivery of Install/Move/Add/Change (IMAC) and desktop support services, within established service targets, including the provision, configuration and installation of equipment across companies as a result of individual, large scale or complex business requests.
- Proactively schedule end-to-end management of hardware refresh program lifecycle for workstation equipment executed through the stages of acquisition, configuration, and disposal in line with ISO & compliance requirements.
- Participates in infrastructure, application or process improvement projects by consulting on capabilities of new and existing workstation technologies.
- Executes the Problem/Change/Asset Management process.
- Provide Asset and Configuration function within Europe.
- Work as part of a European Team to provide remote support to staff based in Ireland, UK & Germany.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar workstation technical support role.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to solve PC related problems utilising remote control tools.
- Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment.
- Flexibility in working in offsite locations on an ad hoc basis.
- Very good working knowledge of PC platforms, Citrix, printers, Smartphones, networks, telecoms & IT systems.
- Expert knowledge of Office 365 and Windows 10.
- Willingness to improve in personal knowledge as it applies to supporting the company’s objectives.
- Knowledge of and experience in imaging and building PCs.
- Good understanding and experience of asset management processes and compliance requirements.