Job Title: Delivery Leader EBA
Location: Abbey Street, Dublin 1
Contract Length: Permanent
What we offer
Hybrid working model – excellent city centre location with attractive working from home options; Personal Protection – Company Pension, Death in Service Benefit, Health Insurance Allowance, Income Protection Scheme, optional Specified Illness Scheme;
Recreation – on-site swimming pool, gym, squash courts, active social clubs;
Health & Wellness – Top-Class Employee Assistance Programme, Bike to Work Scheme, Policies supporting Work/Life balance, Digital Doctor to name but a few.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) and a member of the EBA Leadership team, the successful candidate will be involved in the design and implementation of the IS processes, IS capability and the delivery team structure over the next 12 months for the target state EBA Service Line. Once the EBA service line is operational he/she will take up the role of Delivery Leader and be accountable for the ongoing delivery of IS services relating to the back-office enterprise systems of record – principally iSuite, and its interfaces with front end digital systems.
He/she will be required to actively collaborate with a number of key stakeholders including (but not limited to) the Head of Software Engineering, Head of Quality Assurance, Head of Digital Enablement, and a number of senior stakeholders in the Business community. It is anticipated that the EBA target operating model will be a combination of agile and non-agile (waterfall) delivery techniques, i.e., a hybrid delivery model.
The role will require periodic travel to Germany.
- Work closely with Head of EBA to design, plan, propose, implement, and document the structures and processes to deliver the EBA target operating model. Where appropriate, leverage the work already underway for the Digital Enablement service line
- Work closely with the appropriate Business Leads and Stakeholders to ensure that the EBA design proposals for S. are aligned with the business requirements to deliver the benefits expected.
- Achieve alignment and effective co-ordination between EBA and the services associated with Front Facing Systems (Digital Enablement) and Data & Analytics (DA).
- Using the Capability Development Roadmap (CDR) for EBA to actively support individual practitioners and IS Practice Leaders to create personal development plans and practical timelines to close these
- Develop strategies and mitigation plans to address Single Person
- Develop strategies and plans to reduce our dependency on the iSuite vendor (msg) in terms of skills and cost. Work with the Head of Software Engineering to implement those plans in a timely
- Work with client CIO, the client IS Leadership team, and the Central Technology Services (CTS) on future resourcing strategies for client, e. for Testing Services, Cloud Services, etc.
- Contribute to the unit test strategy and make recommendations as to how to manage this strategy post transition to EBA
- Influence and support the change to DevOps and a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI / CD)
- Work the client PMO for project governance, resource allocation, and reporting.
- Post transition, and in the role as the Delivery Leader for EBA, leading one or more teams to successfully build, enhance, transform, release, and support application delivery for the iSuite set of The key responsibilities in this role are;
- Work tactically with Business stakeholders to best define and prioritise the product’s epics and Remain aware of progress and work intake to ensure business decisions support successful delivery for I.S. and Business.
- Supporting the Product Owner in managing customer communications and Develop (with the Business) an effective service governance system.
- Analyse and manage resource requirements to optimise work allocation and utilisation – fixed v floating resources, staff v contractor mix
- Manage 3rd Party vendors for EBA to ensure new releases are aligned with all Also, to ensure quality and timeliness of software and services delivery to client
- Develop and manage service lines budgets and costs where appropriate
- Provide ongoing contribution to staff capability development. Helping the team achieve a high level of performance and quality, holding teams accountable for their work, removing obstacle, and mentoring less experienced team
- Support the company’s People and Culture goals, creating an environment for a high degree of collaboration, continuous improvement, and team and individual
- Committed to maintaining highest standards of compliance and regulatory adherence
- Minimum of 10 years I.T. industry experience with at least 5 years in an environment that has experienced transformational change in its Target Operating
- Experience leading teams through transformational change including experience in transforming software development staff from legacy platforms to modern technologies. Passionate about developing talent
- Experience in a complex Release Management driven environment
- Outstanding organisational skills, especially the ability to
- Outstanding process skills, ability to design, implement, and communicate new processes in line with client BPM function
- Ability to influence & effectively support Senior IS and Business leaders; Good knowledge of System Architectures, Software Engineering (SE), and DevOps / Agile practices
– experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams.
- Determined, focused, resilient, and innovative – understands what needs to happen, and gets it Knows how to navigate business and I.S. organisations
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to craft effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills, essential for collaborating with teams and talking with senior stakeholders, 3rd party suppliers, and other non-team individuals
- Comfortable with uncertainty and with quickly changing priorities, plus a highly developed adaptability and flexibility
- The ideal Delivery Leader has official certification and training in Scrum and Agile
Desired Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Staff Management experience – managing recruitment, performance, development & Awareness of HR policies and procedures
- Experience delivering Cloud-based enterprise solutions
- Familiarity with Policy Administration Systems and processes / other Back Office Systems / Document Generation
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Finance or Technology related discipline an advantage
- A good working knowledge of the German language and the German market would be an Language training is supported by the company.