Datawarehouse Engineer in Test
Dublin city centre/Hybrid
Our high-profile client based in Dublin city centre is actively seeking a talented Data Warehouse Software Development Engineer in Test who has strong experience testing data warehouse and reporting systems and the underlying ETL jobs.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a programming background and experience leveraging test automation within the Data Warehouse layer to support an efficient testing strategy.
- Design and develop the test strategy and test artifacts
- Responsible for devising the test automation strategy and tools for validating the data, functionality, and ETL & BI solution testing.
- Devise an environment management strategy for the Data Warehouse and Reporting Test environment instances.
- Work with the team to define the key QA gates and test approach for functionality delivered by the Data & Analytics team.
- Build out a core data warehouse regression suite focusing on leveraging automated validation to maximum effect.
- Validate the source-to-target mappings using a variety of tools.
- Reports validation ensuring the finalised reports are an accurate reflection of the source data.
- Ensure comprehensive and transparent test coverage for new and existing functionality.
- Ensure the testability of new Data Warehouse features is considered during analysis and development phases.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong Experience working as a technical tester specializing in data warehouse technologies
- Experience with test automation in the Data Warehouse space with hands-on experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in testing code quality & metric production & the implementation of quality gates
- Agile tester mindset and approach that has experience defining test approaches that maximise the Return on Investment from automation