Eligibility: Stamp4/Stamp 1G Dependent Visa/EU Citizen/British Citizen only, as we are not dealing with sponsorship roles.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Data Engineer. This role will work with a small team of specialists delivering a modern data platform to underpin the company’s growth through digital services. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference with your skills and you’ll mentor team members to help them develop.
You will be working collaboratively to deliver strategic data driven initiatives. You will play a lead role in designing and building data pipelines and enabling the technologies to create efficient data flows required by various data models of both transactional and analytics solutions in a wide variety of areas across the business.
This role requires a deep understanding of Cloud (Azure) services with hands-on implementation experience in batch and streaming architectures and Software Engineering best practices. You must have experience of working in an Agile Continuous Integration environment and be focused on quality of implementation.
- Design, develop and deploy data applications to ingest, transform, and store data to be used in Machine Learning Models and reporting;
- Design, develop and deploy production-grade data pipelines to feed data to our data platform;
- Write and deploy ETL applications and scripts across a range of data sources and stores;
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, reliability and performance of our Data platforms and systems infrastructure;
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing efficient, pragmatic code);
- Work closely with the Data Architect on design and implementation of these pipelines;
- Manage and administer the Data and analytical systems as required;
- Support various ML/Analytics use-cases;
- Translate business and analytics requirements into technical solutions;
- Actively contribute to team and company standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data, databases, and data technologies including AI, ML, ETL, BI;
- Strong experience of Data Warehouses/ Data Marts with good understanding of Data Models;
- Knowledge of SSIS & SQL – either Oracle or SQL Server;
- 5 years’ experience of automation using Python or another scripting language;
- Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps / Agile practices – experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile / scrum-based teams;
- Experience of DevOps process and deployment pipelines with exposure to tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git Repository or equivalent tool;
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cloud (Azure) services;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to explain complex IT applications in simple user friendly language;
- Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to deliver effective solutions;
- Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through;
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills, both written and verbal Fluent in English – written and verbal;
- Possesses a flexible attitude and is willing to work with a range of technologies and languages;
- A constant learner, actively interested in updating skill sets and knowledge, following trends in the Data community;
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality;
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence;
- Working knowledge of German language would be an asset.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Team Working & Cross Functional Collaboration
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Innovation and Change
Drive for Results