We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer to join our client to work on an early-stage green-field project using modern technologies (we use Snowflake as our data warehouse and Python as our main programming language), on a project that will have a high impact within Irish Life. You’ll have both the opportunity to make a difference with your existing skills and learn new aspects of data engineering.
- Design, develop and deploy production-grade data pipelines to feed data to our data warehouse.
- Design, develop and deploy data extraction to feed data to data science consumers.
- Work closely with the Lead Data Engineer on design and implementation of these pipelines.
- Manage and administer the Data and analytical systems as required.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Strong experience of databases and SQL – either Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience of automation using Python or PowerShell or another scripting language.
- Knowledge of SSIS would be useful.
- Financial Services experience is desirable.
- Strong proclivity for automation and DevOps practices.